Unplanned employee shortages can cause serious damage to your business. They’ll interrupt production, make it difficult to meet deadlines and could impact negatively on customer service which could lead to your business losing customers.
There’re several reasons why you can experience a sudden shortage in the number of employees.
1. A sudden demand spike. Maybe a marketing campaign has become more successful than expected creating a lot of demand for your products. The sudden spike in demand could leave you a bit shorthanded and overstretch your current staff.
2. Sick leaves. Employees are bound to fall ill from time to time, and when they do, you’ll be left with a labour gap that will affect the smooth running of the business.
3. Resignation. Having one of your employees resign will create a labour gap that will exist until you hire a suitable replacement. This will negatively affect operations.
Finding workers on short notice to fill these labour gaps can be quite challenging. That’s because it takes a lot of time to find a person who can effectively fill a vacancy – and time is a luxury you simply can’t afford.
When you use labour hire, however, labour gaps can be plugged within short notice effectively reducing the downtime and associated costs. Labour hire firms have developed hiring efficiencies that enable them to place temporary or permanent employees in your company as fast as possible to minimise disruptions. The labour-hire firm does all the work of sourcing and vetting talent providing you with a worker who is qualified and ready to start working immediately.
Using labour hire to solve your urgent staff shortages can benefit your business in the following ways:
1. Lowered costs. Recruitment is a costly exercise both in terms of money and time. These costs will shoot up significantly when you have to recruit temps regularly to cover sudden employee shortages. With labour hire, recruitment expenses are kept to a minimum as the labour-hire firm takes care of all the recruitment nitty-gritty and provides you with a worker who is qualified and ready to get to work immediately. They will also take care of all the employer obligations such as payroll maintenance, employee remuneration and insurance among other things.
2. Quick cover. When you’re short on employees, you want a staffing solution that will provide workers with very little lead time. Labour hire is able to offer expedited worker placement as they maintain large databases of pre-vetted candidates who can report to work at your company within a moment’s notice, thus reducing the downtime.
3. Quality temps. Because labour hire companies specialise in providing labour solutions, you can be pretty confident that the worker they provide will be successful in your organisation. Labour hire companies will look for and place employees that have the skills and experience you need which means that little or no time will be spent on training the new worker.
4. Bulk hires. Sometimes circumstances could cause you to come up short a couple of employees. With labour hire, this is no problem as their expansive databases with a variety of skill sets enables them to make placements for several different positions simultaneously. You could even get an entire workforce solution if needed.
5. Industry specific recruitment. Labour hire firms generally specialise in specific industries. So when you choose a labour-hire firm that focuses on your industry, you will benefit from their knowledge of the market as well as an in-depth understanding of exactly what you need. This makes them very capable of providing high-quality temps to you.
Sudden labour shortages can be quite harmful to your business. With labour hire, however, you can get quick cover with on-hired workers to ensure that your operations aren’t drastically affected.
← Return to Blog